Wednesday, August 10, 2005

T - 3 Weeks

Tonight, I realized that in three weeks I will be on a plane flying over the middle of the ocean on my way to Vienna. It was a startling thought for me, because I feel like I still have so many things left undone. I am sure that I will get through all of it before I leave, but it still seems rather overwhelming right now. Plus, I have to finish deciding what I want to pack. I don’t know if you have ever tried to pack in two suitcases for four months, but it is a rather daunting task for me.

On another note, today someone asked me what one thing I really wanted to do before I left the country, like it was my last wish or something. My reply was that everything I wanted to do would still be here when I got back. But, after giving this reply, I really started pondering the question. I haven’t really thought about what I will miss while I am gone, other than my mom’s cooking. I’m still trying to think of my absolute final answer. So, my interim answer for right now is that I will miss my sports. I love going to baseball games during the summer because of the atmosphere that you feel when you enter the park. And the ACC football conference is going to be AWESOME this year, especially since the defending champions are the Virginia Tech Hokies (which is my home team, for those of you that don’t know). I guess I will have to catch up on all the games using Espn.com this fall. Oh well, at least I will be back in time for ACC basketball in the spring. So right now, I guess my one thing that I want to do before I leave the country is to go to another Durham Bulls game. I’ll have to see if I can manage to work it in to my schedule. :-)

Well, I guess the countdown has begun, so it will be interesting to see what happens in my last few weeks at home.

~Andria

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home